The Realm of the Red Phoenix, Birthplace of Excellence, Home of the Champions!
Hua Siong College of Iloilo (formerly Iloilo Central Commercial High School or ICCHS) is an educational institution located on Iznart Street, Iloilo City, Philippines. It was founded by the Filipino Chinese Chamber of Commerce of Iloilo.
1912 marked the birth of Hua Siong – the second oldest Filipino Chinese School in the Philippines.
Conceived and installed by the Iloilo Chinese Chamber of Commerce, the school was known as Iloilo Chinese Vocational School and was located at Yu Tiak Ha Building at Aldeguer Street. In a short span of time, a piece of land opposite the street was acquired and a school was built upon it called Tian Po Hall. A year later, the school was renamed Iloilo Chinese Primary Commercial School with 60 students.
In 1918 the Chamber of Commerce acquired a piece of land along Iznart Street.
In 1927 the school was called Primary Commercial School and later became Iloilo Chinese Commercial High School.
In 1932 more rooms were opened, more instructional materials and equipment were provided, new curricula in the Elementary and High School were offered, and a Kindergarten Course was introduced.
An academic institution that blends the best of Chinese and Filipino cultures for the total development of the individual in service to the country and global community.
To educate young men and women to achieve excellence for the improvement of society and the environment.
The Hua Siong College of Iloilo, conscious of her pivotal role as an institution of learning in national development and stability, is reaffirming her objectives along Philippine education’s aims on physical fitness, moral uprightness, academic excellence and vocational efficiency: